Lymphatics web quest
Suggested site- www.cdc.gov, feel free to use other reliable sites as well.
1. What animal can transmit Cryptococcus?
2. Can dogs and cats get Cryptococcus?
3. What is the infectious agent for Bubonic Plague?
Bacterium Yersinia Pestis
4. By how much was the world population reduced during the Plague pandemic? Estimate of 450 million
5. What year (within the past 100 years) did the world experience a flu pandemic? 1918
6. What are 3 symptoms of chikungunya fever?
Fever, Vomiting, nausea, head ache and joint pain
7. What bacterium causes Lyme’s disease?
8. What is ‘erythema migrans?’
A rash seen in early stage of Lyme disease.
9. Find a disease transmitted by rabbits and list 2 symptoms. Tularemia and the two symptoms are sweats and fever
10. What are symptoms of guinea worm disease?
Fever, swelling, pain in the area
11. How long can a guinea worm grow?
12. Describe lymphocytic filariasis.
A parasitic disease caused by the African eye worm, it is a microscopic worm. 13. On what day of the year does world TB day occur?
14. How do seasonal, avian, and pandemic flu outbreaks differ? Seasonal flu is usually in the winter and can range from mild to serve and pandemic flu is rare, avian flu is bird flu. 15. What childhood diseases does the CDC recommend children to be vaccinated against? The vaccines include measles, mumps, rubella (German measles), varicella (chickenpox), hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib), polio, influenza (flu), and pneumococcal disease. 16. Find one type of cancer caused by a virus.
17. What is the cause of rheumatic fever?
Can occur after an infection of the throat with a bacterium called Streptococcus pyogenes. 18. List 1 disease caused by a fungus.
19. What is a telltale symptom of whooping cough?
After long spells of coughing a loud whoop is heard then the heaves start.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document