United Parcel Service
History: Founded in Seattle, Washington in 1907 by Jim Casey and Claude Ryan.
Products/Services: Courier Express Services, Freight Forwarding Services & Logistics Services.
Turnover: US$54.10 billion (2012)
Pre-tax Profits: US$1.34 billion (2012)
Total Assets: US$38.86 billion (2012)
Total Equity: US$4.73 billion (2012)
Employees: > 400,000
Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia
Business Area: Worldwide
Current Standing: - World largest ground and air package-delivery service World 9th largest airline
Delivers 15.6 million packages/documents daily
Operation in USA and > 220 countries/territories
Major Competitor: FedEx, DHL Express, US Postal Service, Japan Post & etc.
“Best Service and Lowest Rate”
- High level customer service
- Keeping costs low
- Offering customer lowest rate
- Streamlining overall operation
Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD) version IV or DIAD IV for Delivery/Pickup Staff or Driver
Handheld Device with multiple wireless connectivity, GPS, CDMA radio, acoustical modem, wireless local area network connectivity, Bluetooth wireless personal area network and infrared (IrDA) port.
Provide driver with his/her daily route, pickup and delivery information, capture customer signature, transmit package tracking information to UPS computer network & etc.
Automated Package Tracking System
- Monitor and re-route packages during delivery process.
- Provide Customer access to on time information on delivery status. - Enable customer to check cost and delivery schedule prior to engaging UPS service.
Web Based Post Sales Order Management System (OMS)
- Manages global service orders and inventory management for critical parts i.e. high-tech electronics, aerospace, medical equipment & etc. - To ensure customers are able to source their critical parts quickly i.e. optimal...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document