Unit 13 Lecture Study Guide – Nervous System Part II
1. What are the 2 major divisions of the Nervous System?
2. What are the 2 major divisions of the central nervous system (CNS)? 3. What are the 2 major divisions of the peripheral nervous system (PNS)? 4. Differentiate between the autonomic and somatic nervous systems. 5. List the 3 types of neurons found in the PNS and their function. 6. Differentiate between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. Be sure to include at least 3 examples of responses controlled by each. 7. What is lateralization and how are body functions affected by it? 8. Describe the principle of contralateral organization.
9. List the 4 lobes of each hemisphere and its basic functions. 10. What is the corpus callosum? What happens if it is cut? 11. What is the conjunctiva?
12. List the function and location of the following structures: sclera, cornea, choroid, ciliary body, iris, lens, retina and pupil. 13. Differentiate between the aqueous and vitreous humor.
14. Where are cones located and what purpose do they serve for vision? 15. Where are rods located and what purpose do they serve for vision? 16. List the “basics” of the following vision abnormalities: myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, cataracts, glaucoma, conjunctivitis, color-blindness, night-blindness, macular degeneration. 17. How are each of the above corrected if they can be?
18. What are the functions of the maculae?
19. What portion of the ear contains the sense organs for hearing and balance? 20. What are the 3 functional parts of the inner ear and their function in hearing? 21. List and describe briefly the 5 primary sensations of taste. 22. What is the mechanism for stimulation of the taste buds? 23. What are the 3 abnormalities of taste?
24. Name the physical factors that affect the degree of the sensation of smell. 25. What are the primary sensations of smell?
26. Which of our senses is the least understood?
27. List the abnormalities of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document