Lymphatics web quest
Suggested site- www.cdc.gov, feel free to use other reliable sites as well.
1. What animal can transmit Cryptococcus?
Mostly transmitted by pigeons in their droppings.
2. Can dogs and cats get Cryptococcus?
3. What is the infectious agent for Bubonic Plague?
The gram-negative bacterium Yersinia pestis.
4. By how much was the world population reduced during the Plague pandemic? It killed an estimate of 75-200 million people.
5. What year (within the past 100 years) did the world experience a flu pandemic? 2009 (H1N1)
6. What are 3 symptoms of chikungunya fever?
Fever, headache, fatigue.
7. What bacterium causes Lyme’s disease?
Caused by three species of bacteria belonging to the genus Borrelia. 8. What is ‘erythema migrans?’
Is a skin manifestation of Lyme disease.
9. Find a disease transmitted by rabbits and list 2 symptoms. Rabbit Fever: headache & muscle pain
10. What are symptoms of guinea worm disease?
Fever, swelling, and pain in the area
11. How long can a guinea worm grow?
They can grow to 2-3 feet long.
12. Describe lymphocytic filariasis.
A parasitic disease cause by the African eye worm, a microscopic thread-like worm. The adult worms can only live in the human lymph system. 13. On what day of the year does world TB day occur?
14. How do seasonal, avian, and pandemic flu outbreaks differ? Seasonal flu follows predictable patterns; it comes every year, usually in winter. Seasonal flu symptoms can range from lid to severe, and in some cause they can cause death. Pandemic flu is rarer and it has happened only three times in history. Avian flu is a virus with the potential to become a pandemic. 15. What childhood diseases does the CDC recommend children to be vaccinated against? Chicken pox, flu, and measles
16. Find one type of cancer caused by a virus.
17. What is the cause of rheumatic fever?
Rheumatic fever is a complication on untreated step throat caused by...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document