Lymphatics web quest
Suggested site- www.cdc.gov, feel free to use other reliable sites as well.
1. What animal can transmit Cryptococcus?
Wild birds like pigeons.
2. Can dogs and cats get Cryptococcus?
3. What is the infectious agent for Bubonic Plague?
4. By how much was the world population reduced during the Plague pandemic?
About 450 million to between 350 and 375 million.
5. What year (within the past 100 years) did the world experience a flu pandemic?
6. What are 3 symptoms of chikungunya fever?
Fever, vomiting, nausea, head ache, and joint pain.
7. What bacterium causes Lyme’s disease?
8. What is ‘erythema migrans?’
A rash often seen in the early stage of Lyme disease
9. Find a disease transmitted by rabbits and list 2 symptoms.
Tularemia it gives you sweats and fever.
10. What are symptoms of guinea worm disease?
There are usually no symptoms until about a year after infection. Before the worm comes out the person may develop a fever, swelling, and pain in the area.
11. How long can a guinea worm grow?
Adults are about 2-3 feet long.
12. Describe lymphocytic filariasis.
A parasitic disease caused by the African eye worm. The adult worm can only live in the human lymph system.
13. On what day of the year does world TB day occur?
14. How do seasonal, avian, and pandemic flu outbreaks differ?
Seasonal flu follows predictable patterns. Pandemic flu is very rare. Avian flu is a virus with the potential to become a pandemic.
15. What childhood diseases does the CDC recommend children to be vaccinated against?
Chickenpox, Flu, and measles
16. Find one type of cancer caused by a virus.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document