Chapter 14: THE FORMATION OF WESTERN EUROPE
Changes in Medieval Society
Revival of Learning, Art and Architecture
Video Handout: King John and The Magna Carta
France and England Develop
Video Handout: The Black Death Part I and II
The Hundreds Year War
HW Assignments from Patterns of Interaction Textbook
read the textbook don’t just look for the answers
For each question you should include at least three bullets of notes in your response Include all vocab in your response
14/3 Vocab: common Law, Magna Carta, Parliament, Philip II, Estates General 1. How did William the Conqueror come to power? Describe his impact of the English government? 2. How did Henry II strengthen the legal system?
3. What happened after Henry II?
4. What other significant step towards democracy did the British take? 5. What steps did the French take towards democracy?
14/4 Vocab: Hundreds Year War, Longbow, Joan of Arc
1. What was the cause of the Hundred Year War?
2. Describe the change in warfare and the significance of the longbow? 3. Who was Joan of Arc and why is she significant?
4. Describe the impact of the Hundred Years War.
HW: King John and the Magna Carta
1. What happened in 1215?
2. What did it list?
3. Describe the conflict between barons and Kings?
4. What rights did the Kings have?
5. What made John a bad King? How did he get it wrong?
6. What did the Barons do?
7. What are some of the rights included in the Magna Carta?
8. Who was entitled to the rights?
9. How does it Impact us today?
THE BLACK DEATH Part 1 and 2...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document