Supply Chain Management system of ‘Aarong’
In today’s competitive world of Business competitive advantage can be gain by proper information system and developing that information system. Aarong information system is a sign of the modern business organization of Bangladesh. Supply chain management is the streamlining of a business' supply-side activities to maximize customer value and to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Supply chain management (SCM) represents an effort by suppliers to develop and implement supply chains that are as efficient and economical as possible. Supply chains cover everything from production, to product development, to the information systems needed to direct these undertakings. 1.1. Background of the study:
Aarong emanated from BRAC’s core mission of alleviating poverty and empowering people. In the 1970s, BRAC was examining any and all possibilities for alternative forms of productive livelihood, especially for women, and the proper commercialization of art and crafts turned out to be a promising option. In December 1978 when BRAC decided to open its own retail outlet under the brand name Aarong, meaning ‘village fair’, it broadened its arms to include other artisans and master craftsmen throughout Bangladesh who were involved in the making of handicrafts for generations, and were finding it extremely difficult to survive in the newly formed country. Ever since then Aarong has been helping to establish market linkages for rural artisans, revive crafts and interpret them for the contemporary marketplace. 1.2. Objective of the Study:
The main objective of the report is to find out the supply chain management system of Aarong by using Management information system. The main objectives of these reports are,
1. To know Aarong’s information system
2. To know how they use MIS for supply chain management
3. To know the organizational structure of Aarong
4. To know the product promotion of Aarong
5. To know their office management
6. To know the communication structure of Aarong for the management of supply chain.
1.3. Limitation of the Study:
In every research work there exist some limitations that the researcher faces while conducting different activities. In the process of research work, we also come across certain limitations that hampered the actual findings and analysis of our research work. Some of limitations can be identified are: 1. Employees of Aarong are usually busy with their daily work and activities, so it is quite impossible sometime to get time from them for getting information about our report. 2. Sometimes the authority does not provide their internal information which is very difficult to collect from any other sources. 3. This is quite difficult to collect all the data of supply chain management of Arong by using Management Information System.
2. Methodology of the study:
Methodology is the life blood of a report. The methodology of these report’s are, 2.1. Data collection technique:
1. Questionnaire: A structured questionnaire was asked to the different people of different areas where the Aarongs super store is situated. 2. Observation: we were visited Aarong’s Mohammadpur Branch and observed their products prices and their shop’s environment. 3. Secondary information: secondary information has collected by reviewing websites, Journals and some other relevant documents.
2.2. Sources of Data Collection:
1. Primary Source: the primary information is gathered through informal interviews of the employees working over there under management level, their salesman who are directly involved with selling product and also observation while visiting the office premises. 2. Secondary Source: Secondary sources had also used to collect information. Secondary sources include: a. Features and articles published in newspapers and other journals. b. Visiting website of Aarong super store.
Bibliography: 1. Supply chain activities of Aarong, retrieved from,
2. The website of Aarong, Retrieved from
3. Supply chain system of Aarong Bangladesh, Retrieved from,
**** **** ****
Please join StudyMode to read the full document